Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Urban Saloon: Brunch; Reasonably priced

I was pleasantly surprised after stumbling upon this newly established gem. A friend, in from NYC, and I decided to venture into Fairmount for lunch this Sunday afternoon. First, Bishop's Collar's kitchen was closed until 4pm. Next, Jack's Firehouse was hosting a private brunch and was therefore closed. So, we tried Urban Saloon.

I wasn't expected much because the frontage and interior were sparse; reeking of that newly-opened flair. But, the menu is very reasonably priced ($4 french toast) and features surprising ensembles (peanut butter and bacon burger). The portions are just right, leaving you full, but not overwhelming so. Our server was pleasant, polite, and constantly refreshing our DC. Also, I must mention that every bathroom stall had a small table for a woman to place her purse upon. Do you know how much that means? The owner is obviously owns some compliment worthy bags.

While nothing about the Urban Saloon was earth shattering, I will be returning for the laid-back feeling, comforting food and flat screen tvs, and supposedly notable beer and wine list.

2120 Fairmount Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19130

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AHHHH! I love this blog. You are amazing. This restaurant sounds awesome.Can we eat there when I get home for winter break?
MWAH