Saturday, November 22, 2008

See Jane Work


The Container Store is my version of heaven. But, when I recently ventured there to find office accessories for the small desk occupying a corner of my bedroom, against all feng shui principles, the items utterly lacked personality. Dave had suggested a discount store such as Home Goods, but those places usually end up in some unnecessary purchase.  

Thankfully, I discovered See Jane Work, in a magazine I stole (er, borrowed) from the office. The company was started by a stay at home mom that didn't have time to scour flea markets for cute desk accessories.  Her philosophy is that a busy woman's office should look just as good as any other room in the house.  (I am not so secretly in love with her).

Although I'm sure physically visiting the store is an OCD fantasy, the virtual/internet visit offers several surprises, such as an eco-friendly section, a tip page called "Pulling It All Together," and gift options at minimal price points.  Although the desk accessories aren't bargain priced, they are unique enough to make it worth the expense.  With all the distractions, it could be several days until I can commit to a coordinated, well-planned purchase. 

*Please note, I do not condone the purchase of a $145 stapler as pictured in the above image.  You'd have to be stapling a whole lot of stuff to make it worth it.  While stapling your pant hem may be necessary in an emergency situation, it should never be a reason to buy an expensive stapler.  



No comments: